ECOGEL ANTS is an insecticide formulated as gel bait against tropical ants (Monomorium pharaonis, Linepithema humile and Lasius niger) to be used indoors and outdoors in private and commercial building. ECOGEL ANTS causes a delayed death effect, acting after several hours. The worker ants have enough time to transport the gel to the colony, to distribute it among other workers (Trophallaxys) and feed it to the queen ants and larvae, thus spreading it throughout the whole colony. If the queens are eliminated, the colony stops to be viable and becomes extinct.
ECOGEL ANTS contains Bitrex, which makes it unappetising to children or pets.
Why use Ecogel?
- Special formula: attract and kill ants effectively.
- Easy to apply: the syringe applicator makes it easy to apply the gel bait to any hard to reach areas.
- Multiple applications: 1 gel bait can be used to make over 100 bait points.
- Pet and children friendly: can be applied on hidden areas. Bitter compound is added to discourage accidental ingestion.
- Highly effective: the active ingredient (imidacloprid) is highly effective against ants and can eliminate ant colonies.
- Low toxicity: Imidacloprid has low acute toxicity to mammals, birds and fish.
- Odorless: does not contain volatile compounds, the product is odorless.
Precaution Measures: Always read and follow label instructions; Wash hands thoroughly before & after application; Do not place bait on surface where food is being prepared or on utensils that are used for food purpose; Do not spray other insecticide on or around bait applied; Wrap & put in dust bin before disposal; Misuse will be harmful to health; Do not allow children or pets to contact with the bait; Keep all unused bait in original package; Do not use bait applicator for other purpose; Keep away from direct sunlight or store away from heat sources. Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Avoid release to the environment. Collect spillage. Dispose contents/container according to hazard residues regulations.
First Aid and Antidote: If contact in eyes, rinse with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. DO NOT forget to remove the contact lenses. If contact on skin, wash with soap and plenty of water, without rubbing. If necessary take person to a hospital and show the label or packaging when possible. Do not leave poisoned person alone. THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT HAVE SPECIFIC ANTIDOTE.
Active Ingredient: Imidacloprid 0.01% w/w
Inert Ingredient: Bitrex 0.008% w/w
Other Ingredient: to 100% w/w
Country of Origin: Spain
Manufacturer: Laboratorios Econovar S.L.